- jrMan is an open source REYES renderer.
- Aqsis is an open source REYES renderer. It complies to the RenderMan interface standard defined by Pixar (free)
- Pixie is a RenderMan like photorealistic renderer, supporting REYES and RayTracing (free)
- 3Delight is a fast RenderMan compliant renderer. It supports REYES and RayTracing (free for non-commercial use)
- Inyo is the open source raytracer built into JPatch. (free)
- POV-Ray - The Presistence Of Vision Raytracer (free)
- Mega POV is a custom unofficial version of POV-Ray with a lot of additional features (free)
- Sunflow is a high-quality raytracer written in Java with support for advanced global illumination features. (free)
- Yolo is a free program for creating timesheets to sync animation to a pre-recorded audio track, modeled after Lost Marble’s Papagayo program. It includes automatic breakdown of words to phonemes, and can export to Magpie format, which JPatch can import.
- JLipSync is free another program for creating timesheets to sync animation to a pre-recorded audio track. It also exports to Magpie format, which JPatch can import.
- Magpie is a commercial lipsync program which JPatch can import from.
- POV-Front is a cross-platform frontend to POV-Ray written in WX-basic.
Other Patch Modelers
- Animation:Master is a commercial 3D modeling/animation software from Hash Inc. It runs on Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac-OS.
- HamaPatch is a free patch modeler for Microsoft Windows. It supports a lot of different file-formats for importing and exporting models.
- sPatch was the first freely available patch modeler and runs on Microsoft Windows. It has been discontinued.